Re: Masters in Extended Contest

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:06:01 -0000

I forgot the mastery cancelling rule for one fight, which meant that many of the contestants were fighting at around 2W - 7W rather than 2 - 7. It made the fight a little faster and generated more transfers than would have been the case otherwise, but didn't cause too much damage to the game. Mind you I'm not sure the same would be true if the scores had been 12W - 17W, 17W - 2W2 or 2W3 - 7W3...

> (The 10W is a somewhat arbitrary breakpoint, but the idea is to
> avoid both "everyone keeps losing" and "everyone keeps criticalling"
> being the most common result, each of which is Icky.)

I wondered about reducing by <20 (say by 10 or 15) until one contestant had "no masteries" , but the non-linearity of the table may end up making the results quite different depending on where you drew the line...