Re: Re: _Adding_ abilities, wealth and wells

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:52:13 +0100 (BST)

Ian Cooper:
> This is not meant facetiously but I'm never exactly clear what people
> want from money 'rules'.

I can't speak for people, but here's what I want:-

"As one of the Ringthanes, you're an important member of the clan, and as such you have a Wealth of 15W."

"Nifty." *scribblescribble* "What is that in, well say cows, is it? Very roughly, just so I can conceptualise it."

HW2: (more likely "HW-n"...)

*pageflip* "That's about [blah] cows. Of course, your wealth score also factors in [waffle, waffle]."

*player nods to first part, and begins tuning out remaining to minimax rest of character*

As opposed to:

HW:

"Beats the feck outta me. It's an ability, you just roll wealth tests against it, OK?"

"Oh." *player resumes minimaxing, none the wiser*

And indeed likewise the situation of "I have wealth 10W, someone gives me 'stuff' worth 2W, what's my new wealth?".

> If your desperate to play with tables of logs you can always write
> some volatility algorithms for me to save me some time at work.

This has clearly become one of these "more fun to make 'funny' comments about than contribute to" issues by this stage, unfortunately.