Re: Re: Hero cults and subcults

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:34:23 -0700

> Okay, that clears things up a little. Does the character who joins
> the subcult gain it's magic abilities at the same level as he does
> for his main cult? I.e the devotee gaining the feats at 17 and an
> initiate gaining only the affinity at 17 and having to apply an
> improvisational modifier?

It depends on *when* the charater joins the subcult.

If the narrator agrees to let you create a character with a sub-cult initiation in addition to your main cult, then usually (the narrator can change it) all abilities will be at the level of a Magical keyword (usually 17).

If you join a cult (Initiation or Devotion) during play, it requires 3 HP to join the cult, and each affinity must be bought for 3HP. These new affinities start at 12, just like any new ability.

RR