Re: Re: _Adding_ abilities, wealth and wells

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:36:35 +0100 (BST)

Ian Cooper:
> As wealth is an ability, and mainly used for things like 'Can I
> influence X', not 'Can I buy X'

Odd then that it's called "wealth", not "influence", and that all the rules relating to it purport to be about buying stuff (just without even relating to other game world quantities).

> I'd just let you increase wealth at
> the same cost as other abilities i.e. in the case above it would be
> related to session, unrelated would probably suggest you were
> managing your estates, gifting, visiting the folks, during off-camera
> hours. I wouldn't tend to give you +x wealth, i'd let you buy it at
> the same cost.

In other words, almost entirely separated from described game-world events (if not to say, thwarting any purpose in describing those events in the first place).