Re: Re: Masters in Extended Contest

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:04:52 +0100 (BST)

DD:
> The problem is really the quantum jump of a mastery.

Yes, and it's effectively a quantum jump _down_. (i.e., without the MSC rule, 2W vs 2W is _exactly_ like TN 2 vs TN 2, which is a pretty wretched and pitiful sight.)

> I'm tempted by many tied Criticals to have both participants lose AP,
> just to keep things more dramatic (and end the contest sooner)... (It
> is after all Narrator's Choice.)

I'm with CC on this (I wish I had an alliterative name! I must rename myself Alexander Alexandersson...): the "everyone gets a raise" one is the "option" for me. (This used to be the "standard" one in one of the circulated versions.) Of course, this gets Too Silly if you're using a variant bump-up rules that makes tied crits Pendragonesquely common. (He says, returning from playing a sesh of said game where the only combat last one round... *polishes fingernails*)