Re: _Adding_ abilities, wealth and wells

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:55:17 +0200

Ian :

> This is not meant facetiously but I'm never exactly clear what people
> want from money 'rules'.

  1. Something similar to what's on pp. 38 & 39 of HW1, but with sensicle TNs, not nonsensical ones.
  2. Half a page of explanation about how to add Wealth X to Wealth Y.
  3. Elsewhere, _simple_ rules for how to add Ability A to Ability B without causing pouting expressions on semi-simulationists faces, and without disturbing the narrativists' enjoyment of the game.

There is no reason why HW2 shouldn't be a _mathematically coherent_ narrativist RPG.

None.

> Is the number of gold pieces you get at the end of the adventure
> really still a key part of the satisfaction of the night's play?

No.

The _Idea_ of the Wealth Ability is _great_.

The current _version_ of the Wealth ability is broken.

Julian Lord