Re: _Adding_ abilities, wealth and wells

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:58:49 -0000

> Which is conveneintly modelled by the HW rule that you can increase
> an ability (such as Wealth) by spending HP at the end of
> an "adventure" ...
>
> The (or at least A) correct answer to "How much Wealth does 3 cows
> give me?" is "How many HP are you prepared to spend on them?"

So by the same principle, if a character found a powerful magic item (in old fashioned terms), they'd have to pay for that in full too? They find a Flashing Blade 2W sword, but suddenly it becomes Flashing Blade 12 unless they pay for it, point for point? I definitely say not, and in the same way Wealth found & kept* should be cemented, like any other 'found' item, not bought from scratch. You definately do not, again in old fashioned terms, have to 'learn' how to use a chest full of gems and gold!

Wulf