Re: _Adding_ abilities, wealth and wells

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:29:58 -0000

> The (or at least A) correct answer to "How much Wealth does 3 cows
give me?" is "How many HP are you prepared to spend on them?"

I've reread these rules as promised. I'm quite happy with the cement 1/10th of the item's value with 1HP principle though I'd round up, it gives a reward for the wealth gained in cheaper costs to advance.

AFAIK they also suggest that an items intrinsic value is 1/10 of its purchase resistance and that a hero has 1/2 his wealth in convertible assets. So if I have wealth 15 - 8 (7.5) will be in convertible assets. If a cow is worth 2 (10/15 = 1.5) the I have 4 cows in convertible wealth (which is by coincidence enough for a half-team of oxen making me a half-carl which sounds fair). I have another 4 cows worth of influence, debts, hard to convert assets, favors etc.

Its a start anyway...

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> So by the same principle, if a character found a powerful magic
item (in old fashioned terms), they'd have to pay for that in full too? They find a Flashing Blade 2W sword, but suddenly it becomes Flashing Blade 12 unless they pay for it, point for point?

Well we tend to follow this principle. We would give you a magic iten the Flashing Blade and make you pay fora rating with it. This was debated endlessly and frankly let's live & let live on that issue (Greg, I believe, held the opposite opinion for example).

Ian Cooper