Re: wealth and wells--nicely put

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:25:22 -0000

I think this sums beautifully one solution to the wealth rules. It makes getting rich a little more hero point intensive in some ways, which is only fair since if you save someone's life you only gain a relationship with them if you use a heropoint on it. In short this brings wealth more clearly into the realm of other abilities.

I'd love to see the rules in HW2 say basiclly what Tim wrote above, with the addition that if the narrator is giving wealth to the characters and doesn't want to otherwise drain their HP gains, he can give them an assigned (directed? whatever the proper term is) HP point to cement it with.

This still doesn't answer the "how much is it reasonable for me to tell my player's they can bump up their wealth if they come home with three cows, a horse, and a purse full of funny lunar coins?" But at least we are in the realm where it is clearly the narrators perogative to wave his hands and spew out whatever answer pleases him. Some narrators will want better direction, and this is something that I'm sure the list will continue to strive for. However I think when the question is phrased as Tim put it, it becomes easier to address.

In my opinion, anyway.

--Bryan