Re: HW as a concept, and _Adding_ abilities, wealth and wells

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:33:16 -0000

> Can someone explain to me what's wrong with Julian's concept of
> a table for adding ratings? (Or indeed one for converting abilities

Well, I personally would not go there - I think its not the correct transaction to record. But, do whatever you want. What I would fear from this is increasing imbalance - you'll add a point here for this and a point here for that and before you know it your Heortling heroes living a mud hut are as wealthy as Moonson in HW terms. In short, ANY mechanical system will talk away7 an element of GM judgement which I think is crucial.