Re: Re: Qualitytable

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:02:36 +0100 (BST)

> > And if I add 10 cows to my herd of 16, how does it change my Wealth
> > of 5W?
>
> It doesn't. Wealth =/= Cows =/= gold. The correct question is "If I
> spend 3hp how much does it change my wealth"

"That wasn't the correct question" tends to get you few marks as an exam answer, glasshoppah. (Sorry, too much time thinking about students and HW mysticism -- not simultaneously, I hasten to add.) The above question is a perfectly "legitimate" one in game terms, and one that's indeed quite likely to _arise_, in some sort or another, if you're playing a game set in Glorantha, rather than in a neat little Platonic world of HPs and APs that rarely relates to the same.

> >Or, if I add cows 'valued' at 10W to my Wealth of 5W, how many cows
> >is that?
> >

> Are they Milk cows, Proven Bulls, Yearling calves, draft bullocks?
> you might as well say "I buy £100 worth of fireworks - how long will
> my firework display last..."

That's a another diversionary attack. Cattle _are_ a unit of currency for the Heortlings, it's specious to attack them for not being a sufficiently good one. If it makes you feel any less likely to light the blue touchpaper attached to straw men, reformulate the question in terms of some less "fuzzy" currency. (Such as "lunars", either as in the good old bad old RQ2 days, or indeed in the empire itself.)