Re: Re: Qualitytable

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:15:37 +0100 (BST)

> If you spend HP to increase your close combat then there is nothing
> opposing that progress beyond physical capabilities. With your wealth
> the general economy tends to restrain your growth...that is what would
> be missing from the buy with HP idea

Precisely.

> but even more of a hole in the "if I raid 20 cows how much does my
> wealth increase if I cement it with one HP" argument...

I'm not necessarily arguing in favour of that particular mechanic. What the narrator _does_ with the knowledge is her own business. For example, she might use it as a "cap" on how many points of Wealth you can buy "relatedly" to that session, or as I'm sometimes wont to do, the number of points you can get at a "further discounted" rate.

> If a player says that he has raided four cows and wants to know how much
> that increases his wealth a simple answer is "how many HP do you want to
> spend?"

And if for some bizarre reason he says "12" (or indeed any at all, if his wealth is anyready humungous), then you're saying the Narrator should simply say "fine, that seems related, go ahead"? That's precisely the sort of situation where knowing what a "median" wealth increment would be would be very useful.