Re: Re: Qualitytable

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:09:11 +0100 (BST)

> The point is that he's blowing 10 HP on it - which are worth much more than
> calves of gold. For 10 HP he could have picked up 10 different abilities, or
> saved his bacon 10 times, etc. If this is the only raid he's likely to be on
> (so the price is as "related"), and he *really* wants a +4 increase, then so
> what? If it really irks you (as narrator), then you can discuss it with him.
> Would you stop someone from blowing 10 HP on "Close Combat" when all he did
> was defend himself for one round and then run away?

Well, I think we've getting unduly caught up in the HP-spending Pyramid Scheme here, and hence allowing ourselves to "give a sucker an even break"...

OK, to get back to my other, more moderate example: in this circumstance, would the game-world narrative justify _any_ increase in Wealth for 1HP? (As opposed to for 2HP, which he can do for any reason, however slight, or indeed for none.)