Re: Wealth and possessions...

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:38:26 -0000

> If (in an extreme case) my Heortling horse breeder with his prime
> ability wealthy 5W1 spends a single hero point to cement a small
herd of
> goldeneye breeding mares and stallions together with volunteer
Grazer
> herders to breed them, do I raise my wealth by a mastery, my
relations
> to various other groups (grazers, horse breeders, horse raiders) by
at
> least a notch, or what? Even spending a hero point for each horse
or
> follower I'd get away cheaply.

Seeing as you only spent 1HP, your wealth woyuld increase by 1. As a GM, I would be unlikely to consider this sufficient to make the narrative explanation of this increase in wealth you have given (herd + breeders) firmly established and would monkey about with it until you spend more points to reflect the "true" value. On the other hand, I'd be happy to "discount" you those HP and play the breeders as bolshy, have the animals come up sick (you were ripped off mate) or whatever.

> Hmm. This is becoming a flow diagram for adventure outcome. Is there
> some meta-rule which might be taken over from quest-challenge gains?

Argle - theoretically the community support table could be adapted for a more sphisticated economic structure, but I strongly reccomend you don't go there.