Re: Wealth without Loot (Was: Qualitytable)

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:42:47 -0000

I asked it, but I don't care either! I was merely trying to point out just one of the problems of trying to equate two different measures in a single statement.

To me, this whole debate is just another iteration of the Mike Cule (and many others I'm sure) question "If I start off a combat with 24 AP and loose 8, how wounded am I?" - It's not something that HW models, and any attempts to add rules to do so will "break" the system with exceptions and special cases.

This is not to say that there isn't a benefit in being able to say that a Heortling Carl with a wealth of 15 has on average x head of cattle, providing you don't make a leap of logic from their and assume that ammassing x head of cattle automatically gives you a wealth of 15.