Wealth

From: James.Hawkins_at_...
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:48:06 -0000

>From everything I've paged through, I think:
  1. Yes, split Social Influence out and give it a different TN to Wealth. (Ian's thane seemed like a good example - he's important in his community, but has little actual spending money.)
  2. Yes to what I think somebody was suggesting; that Significant Assets can be given their own ability rating. (Ian's thane's farm for example.)
  3. Yes, the amount of increase must depend on how many HP you spend. (Maybe there should be a Cementation rate, as well as the existing Related and Unrelated rates.)
  4. Yes, there should be a table of what Hard Cash Wealth numbers mean in concrete terms, in a particular culture.

To borrow a Gilb-ism "The solution must be as simple as possible, but no simpler." A single Wealth ability is too simple.

sjjh