Re: Re:Elmal

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:28:25 -0700

> David Dunham responds
> >Hmm, I don't recall Orlanth the Farmer in RuneQuest.
>
> No, but RQ3 contained Farmer as an occupation, and we know that many
> Sartarite Orlanthi "officially" worshiped Barntar...
>
> >The Hero Wars rules don't have all the keywords (occupational or
> >religious) for the Heortling culture. Since a Heortling book is
> >planned, why is this a surprise?
>
> It isn't, It was just the thought that KoDP is apparently reaching out
> to an audience beyond the realm of "old RQ Players", and if this
> audience is encouraged to pick up HW they may be surprised to find that
> Elmal (one of the 3 "major" gods in KoDP) is not mentioned at all...

Neither is Urox (one of the "main gods" of Cults of Prax), nor Eurmal (one of the Lightbringers after all), nor any-of-a-number of other "important" gods. But just to set your mind at ease, the Occupation keyword "Carl" and the magic keywords "Barntar", "Orlanth the Farmer", "Uralda Cow-mother" and "Esra Grain Mother" are scheduled to appear in Thunder Rebels (along with Urox and Eurmal and Elmal and an number of others).

It's really a plot to make players pick up *two* books instead of just one. Yeah. That's it.

Roderick