Re: Re: Wealth without Loot (Was: Qualitytable)

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:53:22 +0100 (BST)

Tim Ellis:
> To me, this whole debate is just another iteration of the Mike Cule
> (and many others I'm sure) question "If I start off a combat with 24
> AP and loose 8, how wounded am I?" - It's not something that HW
> models, and any attempts to add rules to do so will "break" the
> system with exceptions and special cases.

No, it's not, really; that's more to do with the "feature" of begin able to regain APs during combat, which means that certain descriptions would be better avoided, so one doesn't have to somewhat feebly "undo" them later. ("Didn't you say you had your leg chopped off?" "Errr... I got better.") It's not like the act of describing combat _at all_ has been made impossible...

> This is not to say that there isn't a benefit in being able to say
> that a Heortling Carl with a wealth of 15 has on average x head of
> cattle, providing you don't make a leap of logic from their and
> assume that ammassing x head of cattle automatically gives you a
> wealth of 15.

That's the essense of what I'm arguing -- in both respects.