Re: cool combat feats

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:06:11 -0000

> http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~pound/kungfu.html
>
> Recommended to me independently by two different sources...

Ah, thanks for that, I think I'd seen it before though and its not quite what I'm after. The ambiguous references are cool once the players are used to the idea of how to improvise and are, more importantly I think, familiar with the setting. However, for newer players, to either world or system, the ambiguous ones are, well, a little too ambiguous. A good example of this is the Humakti "Truesword Stroke" - I have no idea what this is supposed to do. Maybe the term has precedent in RQ, and everyone knows that this is a "damage booster" or a "AP transfer booster" or whatever, but I don't.

I'm more after stuff like "overbear foe" and "defend innocents"; the descriptive entries that give you more of an idea of the intent behind the feat, and thus frame to a large extent the role of a subcult dealing with combat in manner more specific than merely trading blows.

James Hawkins sent me these (thanks James) as further examples: Strike in any direction
Defend in any direction
Cut missiles
Improvise weapon
Cut down armies