Re:Ranged Combat

From: zero-c_at_...
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:51:54 -0000

Dear group!
Hmm,maybe I can answer a part of my question by myself. The main point,seems to be a misunderstanding,what HW is.Maybe Iīm too much used,to think in the „old"RPG terms.HW is about narrating stories,not about simulating every episode of an adventure in detail. So,as the rules state,you wouldnīt use a simple contest,if you just wanted to get a result.If I shot an arrow/bullet/anything at someone helpless,the narrator would decide what happens,according to,what the whole story is about.What suits the flow of the story,best.Shooting at someone helpless has no drama in itself. If two enemies made somekind of race in a forest,who kills/shoots the other one first-this would be an extended contest,because itīs dramatic.
So the answer to my question is something completely different-itīs about the game as a concept,not the rules. peace
Christian