Re: Increasing abilities [was: Wealth]

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:38:39 -0000

This strikes me as being perfectly reasonable - by and large some stick-picker shouldn't pop off for a quick adventure and on their return "suddenly" become a Carl , anymore than a young novice should become a grizzled vetran after a single combat.

Obviously there might be exceptions - You pop into the Rubble and discover a hidden store-room under the Royal Pavis Mint full of EWF-  Gold Coins... But these are the occasions where the GM is at liberty to give "bonus" HP to be used for Wealth and Relationships, or to allow the cementing of 3/4/5/whatever points of wealth for a single HP (or another "alternative" that just occurs to me for these sorts of situations where the GM wants to allow/encourage players to increase particular abilities - allow the first x points to be purchased for 1HP each rather than the normal scheme. So if the first 3 points of wealth are 1HP each you could by 1 for 1HP,2 for 2HP, 3 for 3HP or 4 for 5HP etc)

I know Alex will dismiss it as Handwaving, but I'm quite happy to say that all abilities use the "standard" HP progression, but the GM is at liberty to adjust this where it seems "unreasonable" rather than minimaxing raiders "Hang on, if we take another cow then we get an extra point of wealth from the raid..."