Re: Increasing abilities [was: Wealth]

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:33:01 -0000

> Perhaps we are playing HW incorrectly then. We do HP awards and
> spending after the conclusion of each episode, and it consists of
> pure rules bookkeeping. The narrative part is when we are resolving
> contests, etc. during the episode itself. Have you any suggestions
> for how to play it differently?

You are confusing narrativist play with "the narrative". The system is narrativist; it measures those conflicts and alterations that are narratively significant. Necessarily, a narrativist mechanic is necessarily just as mechanical as a simulationist mechanic - it is meraly aimed at tracking different, narratively-significant, elements.