Re: Increasing abilities

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:27:00 -0000

I've done so. Especially if that was the focus of the adventure. Bonus hero points are just that, a bonus, so when you save the village, the village is grateful - you get a few bonus HP to increase your relationship. Ditto with wealth. And, in a few cases, we've allowed the bonus points to go to close combat or magic - this reflects training by _very_ skilled experts who are willing to teach the heroes some of the really neat tricks of the trade.

eg. after doing some _very_ nasty work for our resident Storm Priest, he taught the group for a little bit, telling some of the really old tales that only priests (and those who want to be priests) know.

The result? +3 HP usable on any Orlanth affinity OR mythology or 'god-talker' ability. I've done similar with other situations.

Jeff