Re: Re: Increasing abilities [was: Wealth]

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:09:46 +0100 (BST)

> We also now that the penalty for consorting with darkness is 2 cows
> (page 84).
>

> So I am docked 2 cows. If I had 3W2 Wealth, and I get a 2 cow penalty
> (not a 5 or 10 penalty), what is my Wealth

The "correct" way is probably as follows:

Work out the "buying resistance" of 2 cows. No, I don't know what that is either, since attempts to tabulate anything get howled down on this list. But supposing you do it, you roll your wealth vs. that number, and count a failure (or a marginal success?) as reason to reduce your wealth, otherwise you can "soak" it without any "narratively significant" loss.

e.g. "wing it" around the existing buying things rules.