Re: HW as a concept, and _Adding_ abilities, wealth and wells

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:05:06 -0000

> This is in fact not true. There have been RPGs which have been much
> more abstract in their treatment of wealth/money than is HW. (i.e.,
> more "narrativist", if you accept the implicit assumption that
detail
> about the amount of wealth forms no part of the narrative.) I think

Come on, now you're just twisting my argument. Level of detail has nothing to do with whether a system is narratavist or not. And I can;t think of any way thatw ealth can be more abstract than a single rating, but please pass on any news tat you have as I am alsways looking for elegant abstracted mechanics.