Re: Re: cementing; ease of use

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:19:30 +0100

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:00:22 -0000, bethexton_at_... wrote:

>> So why is my 'Herd of Cattle 12' no better than HIS 'Herd of Cattle
>> 12', when I captured more cattle than he did?
>
>I come up with three answers for this:

In deference to those who prefer an end to the Wealth debate, I shall wash my hands of your three answers (and feel much the cleaner for it).

>> Without scouring the rules, it just seems obvious to me that Items
>of
>> Great Power (tm) should be available to find and cement at higher
>> ratings. ...... Magic items are an intrinsic part of fantasy and
>myth,
>> and having to build them up from a rating of 12 is just against all
>> precedent.
>
>But are they an intrinsic part of Glorantha? It seems to me that
>most items of great power in Glorantha are intimately associated with
>myth. Also, a starting rating of 12 could reflect many things:

In essence (the spirit of...), all of your ideas are as one: Treat the item as a Follower/Ally, with a Follower Rating of 12, but a much higher actual ability. I don't mind that, it's not bad. It's not in the rules, but it's not bad.

Wulf