Cementing powerful weapons

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:09:57 -0400

>that 1 HP can cement anything ('Hey, Stormbringer, cool!', deducts 1

> My personal preference is to balance powerful items by making them
> "charged" or take associated "bad stuff" (from the Amber diceless game).

And Stormbringer has an awful lot of associated bad stuff - Elric makes several attempts to ditch it, but in the end it kills him.

Any of my players who found themselves anywhere near someone carrying Stormbringer would immediately do all they could to make sure they couldn't be described as a friend of the wielder.

If Stormbringer somehow turned up in my game and someone was fool enough to want to cement it I'd be entirely happy for him to do so for 1 HP.

Andrew