Re: Time Taken to cast Spells

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:37:40 -0400

No offence, I try not to number crunch so much...

Jeff

Tim Ellis wrote:

> Another query that came up in a recent game.
>
> The PC's were chasing the Sedrali through the forest, and were deciding
> whether or not to use their Orlanthi/Vingan movement affinities to
> enhance their running skills. I thought this would (effectively) be an
> "unrelated action" and give the Sedrali a "free turn" - The players
> decided in the end to "just run" - they felt they would loose too much
> ground pausing to do the enhancement.

Depends. If they had a Sunset Leap or the like done successfully, they might have just ended up jumping onto tthe backs of one of the doggyboys.

Did you ever noticed that Conan seems to exist to wipe out last renaments of cultures and religions? I wonder if Harrek serves the same purpose in the Gloranthan magical ecosystem? Sorry -- strange thought for the morning. Need more coffee.

> Quite apart from the fact that I think it *should* take an action, I
> don't think they were right anyway, as the following example shows -
> In this case I assume both contestants start with 17 AP, bids 3 each
> round and always scores a marginal victory on their turn

I would say its an unrelated action, but the feat MAY help more, especially if its not a mere augment.

But chasing the DogBoyz through the woods at night is SUPPOSED to be tough.

Jeff