Re: Increasing abilities [was: Wealth]

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:35:36 -0000

> a pair of cows) still not make any difference to my Wealth rating,
> because "Wealth" is not identical with "things I own"?

Correct. If the hero of a serial adventure is dispossessed of their BatCar or whatever, he will certainbly have it restored by the time the next episode comes around. Similarly, your character will return to their default wealth in the next episode, UNLESS you or the narrator change your wealth rating, i.e. change the character. And this occurs precisely so you DONT have to keep track of every cow and calf, but can roll against the rating.

I wonder if the people experiencing this difficulty play in real, continuous time?