Re: Re: Hero Quest Challenge rules variants

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:42:35 +0100 (BST)

> This is why I think the gain has to seem worth losing everything for. What
> I don't like is the current idea that you can quickly gain huge power, due
> to the non-linear scale involved. Nobody to Greater God in three heroquests
> seems wrong. Wish I had a good answer...

Well, at the risk of sounding flip, how many HQs _should_ it take to become a Greater God? Maybe this rules isn't the perfect place to address such grand cosmological concerns.

Even +W per HQ seems a little steep to me, I must admit. That's into "common or garden deity in half a dozen HQs" territory (albeit very risky ones).