Re: cementing; ease of use

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:33:39 +0100

> From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
>OPTION B: Ken cements Magic Sword 1W:
>Now Ken has a combat ability of 1W and a politics ability of 20. In
>effect he has increased his Close combat from 13 to 1W for the
>expenditure of 1 HP. There is no situation in which Bob is better
>than Ken. Natalie can not run any episodes that counteract the
>unbalancing produced. Ken can do everything for himself; there are no
>situations in which Ken will be out of his depth and have to rely on
>Bob: Bob's contribution to the game has been reduced.

I have two problems with this. First, in my games (am I really unusual?) a player who impoves 0 points into CC probably won't cement a magic sword (unless it helps her in politics etc).

Second, I just don't accept "can not run any episodes that counteract the unbalancing produced" argument. I can think of loads:

and so forth (in about 2 minutes of thinking).

Thom