Re: cementing; ease of use

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:22:33 -0000

> > - a thief steals the magic sword
> > - the owner magic sword gets bad breath which gives her a -20 on
all
> > politics rolls
>
> Remember that the player has played fair and square by the rules. It
> is not at all right to introduce arbitrary events just to 'punish'
> the player. They bought an ability, using an HP. They did not buy ab
> ability with a linked disadvantage ('Liable to be Stolen', 'Causes
> Bad Breath').

No, they Cemented an item for 1 HP. That INCLUDES the disadvantage, and can include whatever extra limitations and flaws the GM wants. You don't like it, don't cement it (assuming you were clever enough to find out first...).

If you just 'bought' Magic Sword 12 with 1 HP (it didn't appear inplay  to be cemented), I would STILL say it's removable though, you chose the name.

Wulf