Re: Re: Hero Quest Challenge rules variants

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:34:44 +0100

>I'm suggesting a sort of "fuzzy cap", and/or, "fuzzy consequences"
>for going beyond a certain point "incorrectly". i.e., either "you're
>trying to become a god (or god-like), you gotta do it right", or
>"well, you've become a god now, this is what it's like...". i.e.
>relating someone's ability levels to their place in the cosmos that
>that would imply.

I rather like this idea - but would like it more if we could work out a firm idea of how it works, preferably rulesy. Perhaps some kind of penalty to mundane situations when you've reached a certain point? In other words, as you become a great warrior through HQ you become less able to herd cattle, or your relationships to normal people suffer.

Definately has promise, but I suspect is a bit vague to fix the basic problem in the rules.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson