Re: Augement variation

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:36:42 -0400

Stephen McGiness wrote:

>If the augment reduced the dice result, e.g. a 3
>augment would reduce a die result of 8 to 5 would
>be far better. It would mean that the augment would
>have a real effect.

I can see where this would cause problems when one participant in an Extended Contest has a Mastery advantage on top of the augment. Perhaps augments should only be used, in this case, when both participants in an exchange achieve the same net result (i.e., both succeed, both fail, etc.)?

Othewise it is an interesting variant, although I prefer to simply make the *high* roll the winner and use the TN as the "critical value", not unlike PENDRAGON.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and