Re: Silly Rules Exploit to Not Allow

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:49:25 -0700

Mike

> Annoyed with his poor dice luck, Brad jokingly mentioned that next
> round, he was going to "Cast a +20 [target # skill] blessing on the
> sables." When he failed vs. a difficulty of 20W4+ the Sable's
> resistan ce + multiple target difficulty, there was an excellent
> chance that the Sables would not only not get the blessing, but
> would get the reverse.
>
> "But the big payoff is if I fumble...." he laughed.
>
> You know, I don't think there's anything in HW that SPECIFICALLY
> disallows this sort of attempt.

No, but there's also nothing that specifically says how the penalty is applied. See the recommendation on p.173 -- when he fails this, his own magic would most likely be impaired.

(In fact, it might have been simpler if the failed curse was a penalty to the shaman's magic.)

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>