Re: Ability advancement

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:57:48 -0400

I said:

>>Heroes can thus advance more quickly yet have incentive
>>not to focus all their advancement on a single ability.

To which Ryan Caveney replied:

>I don't see how that incentive operates... Could you
>explain in more detail?

Apologies... that was an editing error on my part. My suggestion of an advancement limit (+5 in my post, but more a "+X according to how broadly the Narrator wants the heroes's abilities to advance") originally preceded that statement, and I neglected to transpose it along with the rest of my commentary. This mainly affects the acquisition of magical abilities; as the price is more reasonable, the players do not hesitate as much to invest in them over mundane abilities.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and