Re: Re: cementing; ease of use

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:20:00 +0100

Wulf Corbett wrote:
> 1) He has an easily removable (well, removable...) Magic Sword ability

To which I replied:
> Not true. Abilities are abilities are abilities. Hero Wars is not
> Champions: there are no rules for the item being an Obvious
> Accessible Focus. And introducing an OAF rule means opening a can of
> worms (including evil simulationism).

I'd like to moderate my first response. As part of the description of the ability is 'Sword', the Narrator can use that to decide when the ability might not be usable. Deciding that it has been (temporarily) stolen or leant to an ally is an example. However, the Narrator should not often arbitrarily deprive the player of an ability (which a Magic Swords is, just an ability with a particular prop and special effects) by fiat.