Re: Re: What use is a wyter?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:33:27 GMT

Jeff ("just Jeff, like 'Madonna', or 'Satan'") writes:
> Very useful thought. I am not sure if the wyter stays with the clan
> the entire way. There's rumor/discussion that if you go from a War
> Clan to a Peace Clan, you loose the old wyter permanently.

I'd think that if you don't, you'd at the very least lose most of its powers. ('The godar have spoken to the ancestors... and the ancestors have said... "Go shag yersel's".') Which in itself might be occassion to sack the wyter, and start again from scratch...

Even if you overturn one clan tradition, it doesn't mean you overturn them all, though. e.g., we might be a Peace clan now, but we _still_ had dragons, are suspicious of Sartar's line, are friendly to the Kitori, etc, so powers, as well as mundane customs, relating to those may be retained in the "old" wyter (or indeed remade in the "new" one).

Basically, I'd take the attitude that while the wyter might have the odd 'quirk' which might be related to the 'entity' that formed the basis of it (whether than be a founder, or some local daimon), it is in essense the traditions, values, and general prejudices and customs of the clan, made manifest, and one way or another, it'll come to reflect those, as they evolve (or equally, ensure that they _don't_ evolve, much).