Concurrent contests

From: Russell Hoyle <hoyle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 14:25:16 +0800

In the rules book it suggests running a river crossing (for example) as a concurrent extended contest, with each hero engaging in an EC vs the river's resistance value.

A couple of Questions:

  1. Do I just arbitrarily decide what the river's bid is, should it be fairly consistent between bids, and also between characters?
  2. When a hero wins an exchange, and the river's AP are depleted, this applies ony to 'his personal battle' with the river, right? So it has no impact on the other heroes' contests? (Unless, I guess, some powerful magic or strategy to weaken the river occurs.)
  3. When a character reaches the far side and wants to help a comrade, do we use the same AP total accumulated up to then, or is it a new contest and therefore are AP's replenished?

Thanks Folks for your insightful discussion!

;)

Rusty