Re: Run away

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:30:53 -0000

> Sure, your Move Fast might be worse than your Close Combat, but by
> changing your objective from killing your foe to running away, you
> force your opponent to change from using THEIR Close Combat. They

True, but I suspect that at least on the first exchange for which the change is nominated, many narrators will permit the other fighter to have one last Close Combat attack. After all you are unlikely to have the highest number of AP's and thus initiative - you are going to be Fleeing in response to a CC attack, I think.

> IIRC, Sun Tzu had something to say along these lines. In Gloranthan

How about:

"Now, an army may be likened to water, for just as flowing water avoids the heights and hastens to the lowlands, so an army should avoid strength and strike weakness. And as water shapes its flow in accordance with the ground, so an army manages its victory in accordance with the situation of the enemy."

> unconventional tactics and stratagems. One of the shreds or Ernaldan
> femininity they retain is 'there is always another way'.

Good idea. Playing this up would certainly be cool for vingan characters.