Re: Running Away don't work

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:34:13 -0000

> Surely if you are the only one|side with APs left at the end of the
> contest you get your desired outcome. I.e. your opponent's desired
> outcome is irrelevant.

Yeeess... but for the sake of argument, lets say, the GM could be a bit, umm, "impressionist" with the players intent. If this were a duel with a major NPC actively hated by the PC, I'd definately consider the intent of the PC to be "kill him dead dead dead." But, if the PC were, say, defending a temple against marauding lunars, then even if the player and character entered the combat with the intent to kill said lunars, I'd at least consider ruling that some of the defeated NPC's are driven off rather than slain, unless the PC were say a Humakti or Maran Gor devotee or something like that.