Re: Re: Extended contests

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:59:58 GMT

> Speaking of forgetting, this is probably obvious to everyone else,
> but I've recently taken to putting a checkmark next to any ability I
> use, so I can remember which ones I can cheaply increase at the end
> of an episode.

Ah, ticks! And tick-fishing! That takes me back! About as far as our last game of Pendragon, in fact, though the process in HW does end up being not entirely dissimilar. A little less mechanistic though hopefully -- I prefer to think of the criterion as "figured noticably in the story", as opposed to "got to make a roll on that ability".