Re: Re: Blackspear Demo?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:51:20 -0400

Tim Ellis wrote:

> , but I
> > fancy running the blackspear scenario for my mates who are all
> RQers of old.
> > I played the blackspear game a few years back and it was the most
> orlanthi
> > scenario I have every played in, so it should appeal to them.
>
> Besides which, it is an excellent "learning" scenario, as I recall,
> giving each of the Heroes a chance to indulge in a one on one
> competiton, a "group conmabt" debate and a fight against a pile of
> "followers", demonstrating how the HW Mechanics work in a variety of
> situations...

I believe that the Black Spear scenario is being ugraded from the older version of the HW rules that it was orginally under. Black Spear is a pretty nifty little scenario. I rather like how it walks through and builds up from simple tests, through the various contests, to a final confrontation with augments and feats. Its quite well thought out, I find.

Better yet, its a nice 'primer' on how clans interact with each other which is something that is good for setting the tone of the game. The scenario gives a very good feeling of community and how much the heros matter to them and vice versa.

> Does anyone know what the scenario in the demo pack actually is?
> (for all I know, it might even be Black Spear....)

The scenario in the Demo pack is the first part of "Rising Dark" as its less ambitious and can be put together and run in a much shorter space of time -- always a consideration when you are doing a store demo, I find.

But, if I have a lot of time to do the demos (at conventions or very tolerant shops), I think I'd be running Black Spear.

Jeff Kyer