Re: HP awards.

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 09:00:26 EST

In a message dated 11/11/01 10:16:14, you write: David Dunham:
<< Personally, I'm not worried about cheating -- it's not like in RQ
 where getting a check meant you could go up. You still need the Hero  Points.>>

I agree with this. I did consider giving out HP in the form of "certificates" which would have space to write a sentence describing the event or reason that an ability went up. These could be kept blank if they were to be used for bump ups. Like blank cheques.
The idea was also to pre-prepare a number of these "certificates" for various events or actions within an episode.

The idea was to help remember what had gone in previous sessions, as I tend to run very long very occasional sessions rather than regular short ones.

<< I almost always end up with more checks than HP, so for me the
 checked abilities form a menu of choices. Much faster than looking at  all my abilities and trying to remember. >>

Keith Nellist