Re: Fetishes for theists

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:25:02 +0000

>The Newtlings of the Rainbow Mounds are going to give the characters some
>fetishes to help them recover the statue's parts. IIRC it has been hinted on
>this list (or the other) that theists using spirit magic would incur in a
>penalty to their magical abilities.

I had the same rough situation. Basically I treated the Newtling's religion as a hero cult which provided a single affinity (Newtling-friend, as I recall) from which they could improvise suspiciously animisitic feats. Make increases to it cost more if you want to stay true to the mis-applied worship rules. I also gave them the relationship of 'Newt-friend' which is a benefit or a flaw depending on who you talk to...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson