Re: Re: the pipes

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:27:39 +0000

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:17:54 -0000, bethexton_at_... wrote:

>I'm not sure about in battle directly, but I vaguely recall some
>general type from the first world war remarking that when you'd
>marched the men to exhaustion, if you got the pipes going you could
>be sure to get at least another few miles out of them. Sounds like a
>clear example of AP lending to me!

In reenactment, whenever there were pipers around (quite frequently at Highland Games and the like in Scotland), we had to be reminded NOT to march in step (not done by 10th century Vikings!), and the seriousness & determination of facial expressions deepened...

At one English Civil War do, they banned the pipes again, after we (as highlanders this time) got a bit overheated...

Wulf