Re: the pipes

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:57:40 -0800

James wrote

> Bagpipe lovers on this list have been vocal, but all* right-thinking
> persons agree with Shylock on the matter.
>
> And the same goes for the accordion.

All Orlanthi love bagpipes, but the accordion is the evil wind instrument of the vile Naskori. (At least from the point of view of my Ralios game, with Naskorion as a neighbor. Naskorion practices an aeolian heresy, so they must have some sort of wind instrument...)

To get more on a rules topic, I think pipes (and music) can be used against a foe, too. One of my RQ2 characters once used bagpipes to taunt a giant. The computer game King of Dragon Pass has bagpipes that terrify trollkin, probably because of the harmonics they generate. But in most cases, you could generate a negative augmentation.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>