Re: Re: Truestone

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:28:51 +1300

At 10:21 18/12/01 +0000, you wrote:

>I agree with that part of it, sure, but the bit about the Rune Magic
>coming back to him once the CA had used it sounds more like Issaries
>Spell Trading.

But it's not:

         "If a person casts his spells into the stone and loses it,
         then he loses those spells until someone else uses them.
         Such was what happened to Bituarian when he met the Chalana
         Arroy priestess and bought his way out, for it appears
         that he put in all of the magic which he carried (that the
         Chalana Arroy priestess could use) into the rock before
         handing it over.  This precludes combat spells which the
         priestess could not use, and others such as the Summon Ancestor
         spell which she thought too risky too have.  Bituarian could
         judge parts of her voyage as he recalled various Rune spells,
         like the early use of Path Watch and his Shield spells.
                          Cults of Prax, p107

--Peter Metcalfe