Re: Truestone

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:46:56 -0000

A very nice post Bryan - I must admit I was a little worried about some of the more rulesy suggestions, which seemed too much to be trying to emulate RQ rather than seeing what works and is most fun in an HW context. In particular, given that theist magic is not a 'spell' but a recreation of divine action and a reflection of the worshipper's link with his or her deity, the emphasis on the Truestone as a repository of memory and connection work very well.

Thus, I like your 3rd option. On the one hand it emphasises the 'magic trading' or 'acquiring' story dimension, but also it fits (to me) with its origins as a piece of solid Law. It is something unchallenged, unmodified and indivisible. If it has a Helamakt Cutting Wind feat inside it and is being held by an animist, so what? Who is more influential in defining the world, a mere mortal or a chunk of Law? (Of course, by the same token, don't even *think* of trying to improvise with the magic inside the stone!)

Great post, Bryan!

Mark

Mark Galeotti