Re: Truestone

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:33:46 -0000

You know, it doesn't show up in the myths, but I wonder if this didn't do more than pin down Wakboth? I wonder how many of those people who were the cultural heroes who showed their people how to survive and fight back against chaos may had a chunk of truestone-- essentially a chunk of the pure untainted world--and from what was in there developed the templates that their cultures still follow?

After all, don't a lot of those myths more or less run: "everything kept getting worse and worse, but then X suddenly reorganized us and showed us the true way, and thereafter we thrived." Perhaps the explosion of the spike actually showered bits of order all over Glorantha, and those peoples who managed to harness that finally began to fight back against the evils of the world effectively.

Just some wild speculation from my ready-for-the-holidays brain.

--Bryan